Henschke Out of School Care Inc

Before & After
School Care


HOOSHC offers a range of activities for students both in before and after school care, as well as vacation care. These often include art and craft, cooking, construction, indoor and outdoor games, sports, music and relaxation activities. The program can be viewed at any time and staff actively seek to incorporate children's suggestions into the activities planned. There is also a designated quiet time daily where children are encouraged to read or do their homework.

Our Day

Before School Care starts at 7.00am and operates until 9.00am when the Infants children are walked up to the playground.
After School Care is from 3.18pm to 6pm. Students are collected by a staff member from the HOOSHC meeting area at the conclusion of the school day. Students must be collected from HOOSHC by 6pm as the we are not licensed to have children in care after this time. Parents/guardians of children collected after this time will be required to pay a late fee. 

Our Approach

Henschke Out Of School Hours Care inc. implements a program based on "My Time, Our Place- the framework for School Aged Care’. 
The program is based upon 5 principles: 
1. Secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships
2. Partnerships
3. High expectations and equity
4. Respect for diversity
5. Ongoing learning and reflective practice

Our Fees

There is an initial registration fee of $32.50 per family. 
Permanent Bookings    -  Before School Care is $10.50 per session. 
Casual Bookings          -  Before School Care is $14.50 per session.
Permanent Bookings    -  After School Care is $23.00 per session.
Casual Bookings          -  After School Care is $27.00 per session.

HOOSHC provides afternoon tea during After School Care and with this we strive to promote the importance of healthy food. Afternoon tea is usually provided around 3.30pm. Children attending Before School Care are encouraged to eat breakfast if they have not already done so at home. HOOSHC is supportive of special dietary requirements of children. A written document from your Doctor or Dietician detailing the allergy or intolerance needs to be provided with enrolment.